Rotating Machinery Master
Pumps. Compressors. Gas/Steam Turbines. I & C. Gear. Bearing. Vibrations. Fatigue. Maintenance. Reliability (1y)
Classes start on October any year
About this course
The Rotating Machinery Master is a program certified by University of San Jorge (Spain) that lasts for one full-time academic year from September to July. It is comprised of 19 modules (38 weeks) followed by a 5-month final (research or design) project. The program includes both the foundations and the most advanced topics about pumps, compressors, motors, gas/steam turbines, instrumentation and control, gear design, vibration, bearing design, rotor dynamics, seals, compressed air, fatigue, financials, reliability and maintenance. If you are interested in seeing the whole picture of the rotating machinery discipline, this is the right program to study. It can also be useful if you are already a rotating engineer but want to prove your knowledge and skill with a degree. All the instructors are professionals with a vast of experience on the field.
What will I learn?
The Rotating Machinery Master has been designed to be practical, based on real turbomachinery world necessities. All the course content is focused on conveying hands-on knowledge to the student in a way he can take benefit from immediate application. The program outline has been built with experts on each field in order to satisfy educational skills from major companies in the market.
The program will cover major areas in rotating equipment field, from simple principles of turbomachinery up to maintenance concepts to be applied. It has been developed in order of increasing complexity: it will start with basic modules and more advanced concepts are introduced once the student is familiar with complex turbomachinery.
Who should participate?
This program will be very useful for turbomachinery engineers, rotating equipment engineers, reliability engineers and mechanical engineers interested in getting deep knowledge in Rotating Equipment.
The lecture program consists of 19 courses, all of them compulsory. Each course lasts for two weeks.
- Principles of Turbomachinery
- Pumps and applications
- Centrifugal Compressors and Applications
- Reciprocating Compressors and applications
- Electric Motors and Variable Frequency Drives
- Gas Turbine and Applications
- Ancillary equipment and Rotating Machinery Packages
- Instrumentation and Control of Turbomachinery
- Gear Design
- Bearing design
- Rotor Dynamics
- Specification and Performance of Electrical and Mechanical Rotating Equipment
- Fatigue, Fracture and Stress Analysis of Machine Components
- Factory Tests and Field performance
- Machinery Financials and Life Cycle Cost
- Rotating Equipment Maintenance
- Elective modules: Seals, Compressed air, Magnetic bearings, Steam turbines, Developments of Rotating Machinery Technology
In addition to the lecture program, the candidate is required to submit a written thesis describing a research or design project carried out at the end of the course in teams of three/four students.
Each team has a tutor who guides them throughout the development of the project.
Finally, this thesis is examined individually and orally in the presence of an external examiner.
Meet the instructors
- Bachelor degree in engineering or science.
- Or be at least 25 years old and prove at least three years of experience in the field of rotating machinery.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Are you interested in teaching your experience? Find out more about becoming a partner of InIPED.
InIPED recognizes and respects the privacy of the users of this Web site. When you choose to provide us with information about yourself, InIPED will act in a responsible manner.
Training course registration fee includes the full training program of electronic course material. All indicated rates for the courses are exclusive VAT.