Principles of Rotating Equipment
Turbomachinery. Pumps. Compressors. Systems & control. Vibration. Ancillary equipment. Specification. Maintenance (6 m).
About this course
This is a special course for students who are working and studying at the same time. It is a self paced course about Rotating Equipment. It is suitable for engineering or science graduates who wish to become familiar with the engineering principles involved in the use of rotating equipment.
This course is proving popular within process industry companies wishing to introduce graduates to all aspects of rotating equipment. The work load is lower to accommodate the work/learn situation of the student. The student is expected to work at the material one hour per day, 5 days a week. There is a Course Tutor available to facilitate online discussion and to assess the final project.
If you are looking for an in-depth course on rotating equipment, you may consider the specialized courses on several topics held by InIPED.
What you'll learn
- Weeks 1-2: Principles of turbomachinery
- Weeks 3-4: Centrifugal pumps
- Weeks 5-6: Positive displacement pumps
- Weeks 7-8: Centrifugal compressors
- Weeks 9-10: Reciprocating compressors
- Weeks 11-12: Systems and control
- Weeks 13-14: Vibration
- Weeks 15-16: Auxiliary equipment
- Weeks 17-18: Specification of rotating equipment
- Weeks 19-20: Maintenance
- Weeks 21-25: Final Project
Meet the instructors
- University degree, preferably (but not exclusively) in engineering/science.
- Or be at least 25 years old and prove at least three years of experience in the field of the Diploma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Are you interested in teaching your experience? Find out more about becoming a partner of InIPED.
InIPED recognizes and respects the privacy of the users of this Web site. When you choose to provide us with information about yourself, InIPED will act in a responsible manner.
Training course registration fee includes the full training program of electronic course material. All indicated rates for the courses are exclusive VAT.