Acoustic Induced Vibrations (AIV) and Flow Induced Vibrations (FIV). Analysis and Calculations
Fatigue induced. Vibrations. Common causes. Effects. Risks.
About this course
The Acoustic Induced Vibrations (AIV) and Flow Induced Vibration (FIV) on piping systems is carried
out by skilled professionals within engineering companies and these analysis are requested for the
most important clients and engineering companies all around the world.
The course is created and conducted by qualified professional engineers and is based on years of
experience. The purpose of this course is to introduce the concepts of fatigue produced by vibrations
and the analysis methods of study for AIV and FIV on piping systems and their corrective actions.
What to expect from the course
On completion of this program, the participating professionals will be able to:
- Understand design terminologies, do design calculations and learn to solve design problems
- Understand the effects of fatigue due to vibrations in piping systems
- Formulate design considerations to control and minimize the effects of vibrations in piping systems
- Perform a complete analysis of AIV / FIV of a piping system according to international regulations and standars
Who should attend
This course is intended for graduates (or soon to be), designers, freelancers, technicians and engineers involved in the different fields of Piping.
What you'll learn
2. General concepts
2.1. What is the fatigue induced by vibrations in piping systems?
2.2. What can cause vibrations in a piping system?
2.3. What effects do vibrations have on a piping system?
2.4. Why is it important to avoid vibration-induced fatigue?
2.5. Why is vibration induced fatigue ever more present in current
3. Most common causes of vibrations in piping systems
4. Acoustically induced vibrations (aiv) and flow induced vibrations (fiv)
4.3. Systems potentially at risk
4.4. Study methodology
4.5 Interpretation of results
4.6. Corrective actions
5. Practical excercises
6. Conclusions & recommendations
Meet the instructors
- University degree, preferably (but not exclusively) in engineering/science.
- Or be at least 25 years old and prove at least three years of experience in the field of the Diploma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Are you interested in teaching your experience? Find out more about becoming a partner of InIPED.
InIPED recognizes and respects the privacy of the users of this Web site. When you choose to provide us with information about yourself, InIPED will act in a responsible manner.
Training course registration fee includes the full training program of electronic course material. All indicated rates for the courses are exclusive VAT.