Principles of Piping Design
Overview of materials, instrumentation, stress, diagrams and layout (6 m).
About this course
This is a special course for students who are working and studying at the same time. It is a self paced course about Piping Design for process plants. The course is suitable for engineering or science graduates who wish to become familiar with the engineering principles involved in the design of process plants.
This course is proving popular within process industry companies wishing to introduce graduates to all aspects of process plant design. The work load is lower to accommodate the work/learn situation of the student. The student is expected to work at the material one hour per day, 5 days a week. There is a Course Tutor available to facilitate online discussion and to assess the final project.
If you are looking for an in-depth course on piping, you may consider the Piping Engineering and Design Master provided by InIPED.
What you'll learn
- Weeks 1-2: Piping, oil and gas plant
- Weeks 3-4: Materials and metallurgy
- Weeks 5-6: Materials and codes
- Weeks 7-8: Pipe flexibility introduction
- Weeks 9-10: Technical documentation
- Weeks 11-12: Static equipment drum and tank
- Weeks 13-14: Static equipment heat exchanger
- Weeks 15-16: Static equipment tower
- Weeks 17-18: Instrumentation and control systems
- Weeks 19-20: Rotating equipment centrifugal pump
- Weeks 21-25: Final Project
Meet the instructors
- University degree, preferably (but not exclusively) in engineering/science.
- Or be at least 25 years old and prove at least three years of experience in the field of the Diploma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Are you interested in teaching your experience? Find out more about becoming a partner of InIPED.
InIPED recognizes and respects the privacy of the users of this Web site. When you choose to provide us with information about yourself, InIPED will act in a responsible manner.
Training course registration fee includes the full training program of electronic course material. All indicated rates for the courses are exclusive VAT.